Friday, September 11, 2009

Shock, Horror, Disbelief

I remember where I was on 9/11. I think most people do.

I was sitting in a co worker's office. We were laughing and talking about upcoming jobs when someone interrupted the conversation - something about a terrible plane crash in New York. We flipped on the tv they had there. The reception wasn't great but that sinking feeling we had was. Shock. Horror. Disbelief.

I walked back to my office several blocks away. When I got in and turned on the computer, the news was all over the internet. It wasn't an accident. It was a terrorist's attack. We were all dazed. Hushed tones sprinkled with tears spread throughout the office. No work was done that day. We were told to go home early. People prayed. I called my parent's back in the midwest and told them that I loved them.

Take a minute today to remember those lost on that terrible day eight years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment