Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Sixth Sense

I have a sixth sense. I think everyone has this ability but often times it's hard to tune into it. We get so busy with everyday distractions that the message just can't cut through all the static.

Last night I had a vision. I saw Max, our lovable mutt, starting to come down the winding spiral staircase. It doesn't have the balusters and railing up yet. It's a "wintertime" project as Superman says. In my head, I saw Max slipping and tumbling down the staircase. It was just a flash. Gone in an instant. Something that might of normally been ignored. But I said to Superman, who was closer to the steps, "Watch Max. He's going to fall."

No sooner had I said that; Max started down the spiral staircase. Max is not a graceful dog. He hops down the steps but is careful and has never fallen down them. One step. Two steps. Three steps. On the fourth step, he trips. It happens so quickly. He's tumbling down the steps faster than I can move to catch all 60lbs of him. He turns partially on the way down, misses the tv, the armour, and hits the tile floor hard. He bounces up quickly, wags his tail and moves along. No limping. No whining. He seems no worse for the wear. I shake my head, wondering if he'll ever go down those steps again. And I wonder if this sixth sense and visioning ability, which has been dormant for so long, is back.

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant talent you have, Chris; you are so wise to listen to that little voice inside. I’m glad your dog was OK, too.

    ReplyDelete