Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Little Sergei Rachmaninoff

A beautiful day here in the Carolinas. I took a walk about at lunch to hear some opera. Yes, that's right - opera. Don't understand a word of it but it sounded so fantastic!

The pianist was amazing! She had a Doctor of Musical Arts Degree in Six Chants Polonias; Liszt's Transcriptions from Chopin's Songs, Opus 74. The opera singer was a lyric spinto soprano. Together they were awesome. The woman sitting next to me was actually moved to tears.

Are there other things in your life you don't understand but love nonetheless? Like saltwater taffy? How can anything with the word saltwater be good?

Tattoos are another example of something I love but don't understand. Would never, ever have the nerve to get one but they still intrigue me. The artistry, the courage involved and the commitment - all things I admire and love.
Walking back to the office I saw the president (not of America). I politely smiled and waved. He recognized me with my new sunglasses on and called me by name. It was a good afternoon.

Savor the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment