Thursday, September 22, 2011

Do a Good Deed Day

It must be Do a Good Deed Day. While headed out the door of work to pick up a coworker who's car had been towed, a homeless man asked me for money. I stopped giving homeless people money a while ago. So, I asked, "What are you going to do with the money?" He said, "buy food." I said, "What kind of food do you like, I'll see what I can do on my way back in." I think he was initially a little taken back but said he'd like Wendy's. There's one really close by so I swung by there on my way back into work. By the time I had gotten back, campus security had pushed him out to the city street. I gave him the food. He seemed appreciative. I wonder how people fall off the tracks? And where's their family? 

Be kind to others and help someone today. It really makes you feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment