Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Christmas Ride

We flew home for Christmas. We always drive. The 12 hour trip is a time to unwind, relax and really talk. It's not unpleasant but it is long. I checked airfare prices a week before we were leaving. They were half of what I had expected so I booked the tickets.

We didn't do any shopping until we got home. We went to the local mall and wandered around. When we were sitting down eating lunch next to the carousel this is what I saw. An older man was helping an equally elderly man get onto a horse and take a ride. The man on the horse appeared to have some sort of disability. A woman was walking around the carousel with a big smile on her face, proudly taking photos. The sweet scene made me happy. Who says carousels are just for kids? Savor the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment