Tuesday, February 23, 2010

K1, P2, SSK

As some of you who follow me on Facebook know, I've taken up knitting. Superman tells me "I'm at that age when women knit." Ha. I don't know what that means but I'm guessing it means I sit around too much in the evenings with nothing to do.

I like doing things with my hands - gardening, photography, baking, and now knitting. I've made six scarves so far. They are definitely the easiest to make. I've moved on to hats. They have to be knitted on double pointed needles or on circular needles. Mittens will be next - just as soon as I figure out that thumb gusset. I'm not sure I'll ever be ambitious enough for sweaters. I like the smaller projects that don't take too long. I can get distracted and drop my focus easily.

Here's a baby hat for a friend's soon to be munchkin. I like how this one turned out and may have to make a few more in larger sizes.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable collection of creative works, Chris! I especially love the photo of you modeling the tiny hat 
    Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete