Monday, December 28, 2009

Santa, Please bring Dad a Pacemaker

My dad had a pacemaker put in December 22. He has had an irregular heartbeat for a few years and they determined it was time to resolve that issue. Pacemaker in and discharged the next day...in and out so quickly.

No one foresaw this hospital stay. So when I got home for the holiday my parent's didn't have time to get a tree, decorate for Christmas or make cookies. So, we improvised. My sister brought down with her an outdoor Christmas tree. We opened it up like an umbrella, plugged it in and presto - instant Christmas tree. My niece and nephew didn't seem to care. They were easily distracted by the presents.
We had a great Christmas even though it was not typical. I hope your Christmas was filled with joy and laughter and an appreciation for the love of a caring family.
Savor the details.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad to hear things turned out well, :) Hope your New Years is enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete