Monday, November 30, 2009

In a Crowded Target

I went to the local Target today to get a few things over lunch hour. I was in the Christmas decorations looking at all the lights. I didn't get nearly enough for my evergreen trees and someone told me their lights were on sale.

As I rounded a corner, I saw two older gentlemen. I would guess in their late 60s. They were standing very close together. It was how close they were standing to each other that caught my attention. I thought they must be good friends, partners or maybe even brothers. I was curious and stared longer than what is polite.

When I passed by them, I saw one of the men had a walking cane. He was holding a Christmas tree ornament and the other gentleman was describing it to him in great detail. My eyes watered up. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. I can't imagine Christmas without my sight and I realized how grateful I am to be healthy.

Take time to enjoy all the sights this Christmas season and say a little prayer for those of us who aren't as fortunate.

2 comments:

  1. What a touching story, Chris. Good reminder, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fine story, Chris, especially when it comes at the season of the return of the light.

    ReplyDelete